You can easily capture and save hi-resolution screenshots of Guild Wars by pressing the Print Screen (PrtScn) key whenever the game window is in focus. This will automatically save your current game window as an image in your Guild Wars directory.
Capturing and Finding Your Screenshot
- If you want to disable the in-game interface when taking a screenshot, press Ctrl+Shift+H to toggle the heads-up display (HUD).
- Press the Print Screen (PrtScn) key—it's usually located in the upper right corner of your keyboard.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+H again to toggle on the HUD.
- That's it; you're done!
Your screenshots are automatically saved to a sub-folder in your Guild Wars directory—located by default at C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\Guild Wars\Screens. They're also stored in your clipboard when captured, which means you can manually paste your most recent shot into an image program like MS Paint or Photoshop by pressing Ctrl+V.
Advanced Tips and Tricks
- Use Ctrl+Shift+H to toggle your interface. (Don't worry; if you forget the keyboard shortcut later on, you can always restart the game client to restore your interface.)
- You can still type and use emote commands when your interface is hidden! Type / followed by the emote command, then hit Enter to execute the emote.
- Click and hold your right mouse button to rotate your camera into the perfect position.
- Use the middle mouse button to control your camera zoom.
What file formats can I use for screenshots?
Guild Wars screenshots are created and saved as JPEG (.jpg) or bitmap (.bmp) images, but can be converted into different file types by opening them in an image program and saving them in the format of your choice.